Red & Denim

22:00

Hello and happy friday!

I wanted to make my first "fashion" like post on here, as this week I wore these jeans I recently bought from the Gap and I'm still figuring out how to style them. I know I mentioned them in a few posts back, but they are The Gap 'best girlfriend' jean! I have had them for maybe a month now, and working out what to wear with them is still a struggle.

But this week, I wore them with a new cute red sweater I grabbed on a whim at Old Navy (very Gap clothing oriented here, can you tell I used to work with the company? haha) and I paired them with a belt! Surprise! I felt .. great? It's been hitting me the last year that, yes, I CAN look good in clothes I didn't think were "for my body type".  That's something I always compared myself to when getting clothes. Oversized sweater? Nope, got curves, can't pull that off. Stripes? Again, not a size small, don't do that!

Screw those thoughts! That is my motto right now. So here are some horribly taken photos of my cute denim and sweater until I can get out with my camera and a friend.

(for reference I am usually a size 14 in jeans, and these are a 32 and they are fairly baggy as the name suggests, but I could easily go down a size!)


I honestly never would have styled them this way if I didn't have wonderful social media role models like Tanya Burr or even Poppy Deyes! Tanya always ROCKS this belt and straight leg denim trend, and I want so badly to pull it off that I feel somehow I have? Anna from The Anna Edit is another incredible example of inspiration for me towards my current fashion faves. She always wears the basics but holy, she makes them look sleek and so good!

I have a few plans this weekend and one involves my beautiful friend to be my camera woman while I change between outfits and take photos in adorable ally ways for this blog! I'm hoping to eventually get a wide array of things on here!

What do you think of the straight leg denim trend? What about baggy shirts and sweaters? How do you like to wear them? Are any of you curvy and like rocking the girlfriend or boyfriend fit jeans? I want to know! 

Have a wonderful weekend guys!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

instagram