Being A Tourist in My Own City

21:34

Happy Tuesday evening! Or alternatively, happy Wednesday. Hope you are all enjoying your week so far.

This past week has been such a quick one, but extremely eventful! As I mentioned in my last post, I had two friends come to visit me from New York and Boston, and we explored areas in my city that I haven't been able to see yet.

Now, when you think "oh this girl's form Canada", I'm sure you immediately think of snow, which is understandable. Once someone from the states asked me if I lived in an igloo.. sigh ... anyways, I'm getting carried away here. We decided to make use of a rainy Thursday afternoon and go up Grouse Mountain to ride the gondola up and check out the views. And of course, boom, SNOW! *insert all the cute same photos here of trees and snow*


This was inside the gift shop in the main lodge area! We spent a little while in there trying to enjoy the warmth before bearing it outside. get it? bearing it? because a photo with a bear. .... ha ha ha i'm pretty funny. 


please note that we can't really see the trees in the background. and that we walked 30 min in the icy snow for bears that we didn't get to see.

On friday we went all around downtown and I showed them my favourite spots, and it was a very easy day. Saturday we decided to try Lynn Canyon in North Vancouver, which has a free suspension bridge to walk across and then walk along some trails. Now this my friends, is when I suddenly became that photographer friend that was down on knees to get the right shot with their 7pluses, which I will note I fully regret not getting one SOLEY for the purpose of portrait mode. It was snowing a little, which set the mood for some very cute photos!
She was terrified of going on this bridge, but SHE DID IT! round of applause for Renee!

This is where I started to take endless photos, but with my own camera!



Ok, s maybe Marissa made me get up there and take a picture of me!

The view from the suspension bridge was amazing! This doesn't even do it justice.

You could see a little layer of snow dusting on these leaves and I loved the way it looked.


And now it is Tuesday, and these two amazing beauts are home in their beds, comfy and happy to be with their cats. I can't express how good of a weekend/vacation I had. It was just nice to have multiple laughs, take some cute posy pictures and enjoy the time together. I have more photos, but I may pop them into a second post as this one is probably VERY long by now. I am so happy we explored what we did. 

Now that I've got you all here and reading, I was thinking about doing blogmas this year. I know I only just re-kicked off my blog, but I think it would be really good to keep me going at it. Maybe not every day up until Christmas, but maybe a post every other day? Would anyone enjoy reading that? Let me know. 

Have a wonderful day!

Jena



You Might Also Like

0 comments

instagram