review: kat von d shade & light palette

16:46

Happy Friday! I am so ready for the weekend, even though I work Sat, it's all okay! I had the afternoon off today, so I figured I would bust out a blog post that I've been meaning to do since I got this product.

I was given gift cards for Christmas and as a goodbye gift from my old coworkers to Sephora, so off I went to go lust after this palette. I had looked at it for a while, but I was originally going to get the Smashbox one, but the pricing was like 2$ off, so I didn't care.






For reference, my skintone is neutral and pale (nw15/20). I swatched all of the shades on the arm here for you to see. 

I love the pigmentation of this whole palette! I don't often use the far right two shades as I'm not that dark, but the "banana" shade in the middle, lyric, is one I place under my eyes to brighten that area so it doesn't look so dark. Sometimes I will use the first one instead, but usually the middle one. 

For contour/bronzer, I will always use subconscious into the hollows of my cheeks. If anyone needs help on contouring, just shoot me an email, but youtube is your friend in these situations. The basics is that you want to use a cool toned shade as it mocks the shadows your face would make, if you had prominent cheekbones, I use that along my forehead as well, and I also dust it under my jaw and my neck to balance things out, very lightly! Then I'll use a larger brush and use the shadowplay shade, which is much more of a warmer tone, to bronze. I like using this over my contour as it just blends things out nicely. 

It's one of the easiest steps in my routine, and the product blends so lovely on my skin. I love that the majority of this palette works with my paler skin. It makes me have hope that there are more pale friends out there ;)

QUICK TIP: If pressed for time, I will often run the first shade through the crease of my eye, and then use a bit of the darkest shade on my eye as well. Quick eyeshadow look done for running late days!

I hope you guys have a great weekend and I'll talk to you next week hopefully!

Toodle-doo!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

instagram

Popular Posts