eyebrow routine [requested!]

14:43

Hello everyone! Today I am trying something new, and I was asked to do an eyebrow routine. I took the best photos I could (with gross Vancouver natural lighting) to show you the basics of what I do.

I did only fill in one brow, because I did film a corresponding video that I may or may not upload, depending on the focus. I'll add a photo at the end to show you what they look like all together with full face of makeup.

Okay, so to start off, you do want to pluck any little hairs that may be closer to your eyelid. I did that, but I do have baby wispy hairs above my eyebrow, but I gave up trying to pluck that hah. The general idea of this is that you want to follow the natural shape of your brow, especially when starting off with filling in your brows.  Here I mapped out a general guideline.

This is my natural brows with nothing on it. I did use MAC Pro Long wear concealer to prime my eyelids, so that's all I've done so far.   

Here are the general guidelines. You want to have the brow start parallel with your nose. 

Apologizes for the blurry eye as I was blinking. Then the arch of your brow should be diagonal from the edge of your nose, like seen here. 

This photo is hopefully self explanatory. 

I am using Anastasia Brow Wiz in Brunette. It has a waxy pencil on one end, and a spooly on the other end. I brush out my brows with this before apply anything. The drugstore has GREAT selection for brow products. Maybelline and Loreal are good for beginners.
Here I have done a small amount of SHORT strokes under my brow. I have mapped out a very light line of where I want my brow to shape. I always brush through whenever I use a harsher line. Doing this makes it more blurred. 
 
Okay, so here I am just filling them in by following my natural hairs. In the bottom photo, you can see I am creating a line on my natural arch. This is going to then go down into the tail of your brow. I also lightly do more short strokes on the top line to the front of the brow. 
Here you can see I've outlined my brows and filled them in. The key is to keep using those short strokes until you are content with the color and the result. Please excuse the tail end of my brows. I am trying to re-grow hairs there so I haven't been plucking.

Here is where it can get tricky. I do not like the look of a sharp, squared front of my brow, personally on myself. I try to keep it natural and I often like it a little faded at the front, but nothing crazy. Here I am doing light strokes from the front of my brow back into the already filled in part. 
Hopefully you can see here and the difference. 

Now this one was hard to get a photo of haha, but at the front of my brow, i am doing light strokes UPWARD following my natural brow hairs. On the right eyebrow, you can see how my little front hairs go up, I am trying to follow that for the most 'natural' shape. Take a drink every time I say natural.
I brush out my brows around now, and add any touchups if needed. I continue to bring the color closer to the front of my brows, with lighter strokes.
The front of my brow looks more rounded than usual, it was a bad brow day if i'm honest. Now after brushing through with the spooly, I go over it with the Maybelline Brow Drama in light I think. This adds a little extra color to the spots you may have missed and it sets your brows so they don't go flying everywhere. 




Here they are finished! I tend to go back over and brush them out. I will use the spooly and brush it UPWARDS on the front of my brow so it's so not strong.  For some reason, they don't look the same, but I promise you they are!

Hopefully some of this made sense! It's always important to fill in your brows because they really frame your face. if you have thicker brows, you won't have to go into so much detail. Sometimes a tinted brow gel is all you need and Benefit has one which is really good. It takes A LOT of practice. Just take your time and breathe. If you mess up, it's okay! Not everyone has the same brows as you, and remember, brows are sisters, not twins. 

Happy friday! Toodle-doo!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

instagram

Popular Posts