sick days

11:13

I feel terrible. To give you an overview, I have a stuffed nose, a very phlemy cough, (tmi, but it's life) a nauseous tummy, and a horrible cough.

I got a cough/no voice about two weeks ago. From there, it's progressed into a horrible head cold with the worst phlemy coughs ever. I started my new 32 ish hour ECE job this week, and guess what? This girl has not been able to work her first two days. Yesterday I was there for an hour, and I got sent home by my boss. She was very gentle about it, and told me to go to the clinic. They were not open yesterday, and I don't have a doctor yet. Assuming I would feel better after a day of rest, I woke up today feeling semi-ok, and I tried my hardest to push past the horrible feelings in my head and stomach. Another tmi, but just before leaving for the bus, I had a 'lovely' time getting rid of all my extra mucous, and I just knew today wouldn't work out.

I arrived at work and my boss opened the door, took one look at me, and kindly sent me away. She wanted me to make sure I wasn't contagious, and working with kids is really hard if you are sick. I am slowly beating myself up about it, but I do know that she means it in the kindest way, as she doesn't want anyone in the building to get sick due to me. I feel like I am a horrible employee for being sick my first week, and honestly, it is not me faking it. My mom said when I was younger, I got really sick like this and I wound up needing an inhaler.

I went straight to the clinic from work, only to find out they are not open until 1. The pharmacy connected to it was open, so I went in asking, or more like pleading for someone to suggest some medication to me. I now have some lovely Tylenol complete sitting next to me on the bed and one trying it's best to work it's magic on me. The pharmacist told me he's sold plenty of it in the last month, and the majority of it was a recommendation from the doctor anyways. He said I should take the drowsy one and nap when I got home. It hasn't hit me yet, but I'll be napping after this sad, sad blog post.

Basically, I feel like a rubbish employee that can't deal with a cold, but the fact I've gone in both days to try and push it out of my system and forget about it and work, showed my boss that I did want to be there. She told me that and it did make me feel a bit better. I may go back to the clinic later if I see no changes, but I should be better the next few days with this and some chicken noodle soup.

So that is what's happening with me lately. I am a walking human of sickness. And I am trying my hardest to fight it off just so I can finally work full time in my job that I worked hard to get to. I'm praying my energy will be much higher for tomorrow and I will feel up to working.

The pill is hitting me now, so off I go for a little nap. Thanks for reading this nonsense blog post. Hve a great day/week!

Toodle-doo!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

instagram