saturday: the lazy girl heatless wavy hair hack

14:10

Hello lovelies! I wanted to blog today, and after taking my hair down, I thought I would show you how I've been styling my hair recently. Not on a daily basis, but mostly every time after I've showered.

I didn't take photos of the before, but I've posted previous pictures of my natural hair. It's very straight, and sometimes has a slight wave to it if I've been caught in the rain. But on a regular basis, it's very thin, fine and flat. I struggle with taking the perfect selfie to make it look bigger than it is. (Maybe I'll save that for another day ;))

This is the end result, I'll show you a photo and explain from there. Probably the easiest heatless (somewhat) style ever.




It looks just like I've braided my hair, but after a few hours, my hair really starts to form nice natural looking waves. Basically, I blow dry my hair so it's 99% dry. I do this after my shower because my natural hair is so fine and flat, I use products and my hair dyer to give myself some extra volume. You can gladly skip this step if you are blessed with beautifully thick hair ;)
From there, I separate my hair into two sections. All I do ladies, is twist my hair away from my face. I twist it tight, and then similar to a milkmaid braid, I flip it over my head, so it's resting over my head and I use about three bobby pins! I do the same to the other side and make sure it's secured. I don't have a set time I leave this in for, it really depends on the day and what I'm doing. Today it was probably up for over an hour. 

When you take them down, they'll be tight, but I like to brush them out so they are smooth and blend with my whole head of hair. I will shake them out too, and in the summer I like to use a salt spray, but seeing as we are in the fall (YAS), I plan to skip that step. 
These usually stay in until the next day, depending on what I've gotten up to!

I hope this was helpful, and I hope you try them out too! So super easy to have up when you're doing makeup in the morning before school or anything like that!

I'll see you guys maybe tomorrow with a review post! Have a great Saturday!

Toodle-doo! 

PS: My hair color looks very strange, sorry about that! It is also even, it's just the way my head was when taking the photo. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

instagram

Popular Posts